[Jandek] Were "Punkinheads" Jandek?

Colin Brunton cbrunton at mac.com
Sat Feb 17 08:31:52 PST 2007

There was a band in the mid-70s that, well, I'd sware, was Jandek.
But they went under another name-- Punkinheads. If you listen to
their 46-minute song called Roam, you'd swear you were hearing a very
young Jandek sounding like Bob Dylan sounding like Fred McDowell
playing Metal Machine Music. Does anyone have this album? I had it at
the time, but it was destroyed during a great flood. I bought the
album through a mail order post box in Texas, but unfortunately have
no recollection of the exact address. It was very extreme for the
day. Please, if anyone knows this record, let me know. It's been
bothering me since I attended Jandek's Instal concert.