[Jandek] Zoogz Rift

SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca
Fri Feb 16 07:07:26 PST 2007

I remember Zoogz Rift from the early 80s, when he was mainly putting out
tapes - at one point, he'd record an exclusive K7 album for anyone who'd
pay him $100 or so (I forget the exact amount).  He also did one of the
best-titled songs of all time, "Beating the Fuck out of Rocky".

----- Message from "Dave Parent" <dave9199 at lycos.com> on Thu, 15 Feb 2007
20:52:41 -0500 (EST) -----

                   To: <jandek at mylist.net>

              Subject: [Jandek] Zoogz Rift

 Has anyone on this list heard of him? I used to have a comp on SST of his
 called Looser Than Clams. I also had Idiots On A Miniture Golf Course.
 Great stuff. I mention him here because I just found out that John Trubee
 played guitar/bass for him for a while. If anyone's intersted he has a
 myspace page believe it or not. It has some mp3's on it too.

 http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=
 129889324