[Jandek] which jandek cds should i avoid?

Sam Eddington sameddington at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 25 14:21:19 PST 2007

To me, the studio albums after he started playing live seem to indicate that most of his energy was going into the live sets. Everyone's going to have a different opinion, of course, but I felt like "What Else Does the Time Mean" was a total throwaway, and I wouldn't give a very high recommendation to "Raining Down Diamonds" either.

Actually, if you've got limited funds, I wouldn't immediately spring for any of the post-spoken word, pre-live albums either ("I Threw You Away" to "When I Took That Train"). I'm not a big fan of the bass and voice ones, and the more "traditional" ones in that set don't feel like his best work to me.