[Jandek] re: Manhattan Show

jodi shapiro jodi at samuraiphotog.com
Sun Apr 15 20:45:44 PDT 2007

It's been a rough few days at work, so here's a few thoughts on last
night's show:

- I didn't expect Jandek to be such an active guitarist.

- Pete Nolan was an excellent counterpart.

- Watching the show was sort of like watching someone in the throes
of religious ecstasy. It was a little intense to witness something
that is usually a very private thing, but it was so compelling that
it felt even more wrong to look away.

The show seemed to fly by, and afterwards we were jokingly referring
to it as the "Springsteen set." I'm glad I got to experience it
firsthand, instead of hearing the CD when it comes out and wishing I
had gone.

- jodi

jodi shapiro
photography