[Jandek] Chair beside a window question

Christopher tm xopher.tm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 21:31:33 PDT 2007

On 4/13/07, iris short <i.short at homecall.co.uk> wrote:

> Thought i would post a question regarding the "Backwards" sounds on This
> album.
>
> It is stated in the discography section of this site that you can hear "My
> condition" backwards, on the track "The first end" ....Indeed, this is even
> mentioned in the John trubee interview from 1985.
>
> But i have listened for these noises on my copy of the album, and have never
> heard anything of the sort!
> Are my ears failing me??

Probably a case of bleed-though when the original tape was mastered to
vinyl (which would seem to indicate that the original tape sat around
for a while before it was finally made into album form. I'm guessing
this was "cleaned up" when remastered to digital. Which to me is a bit
of a pity.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, too...
--
Christopher tm

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in
the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies,
you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I
know of, babies — 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.' " - KV