[Jandek] Pitchfork on Chicago?

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Mon Sep 25 08:29:23 PDT 2006

http://pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/38732

I think my point in yesterday's rant is made again. He faced his audience many times - in fact I saw a swagger in Chicago that I didn't know the man had. Atonal? Don't see it. Jagged, blues-like? Yep, but how can you not mention the killer rhythm section? And for that matter, how can a Chicago-based music blog not know who damn JOHN MCENTIRE is by looking at him? Not a bad review, just another more interested in the image.

Regarding Indie:

> Do we have any reason to believe that it will be McEntire?

Not yet. Just my sincere hope.