[Jandek] Jandek: the Music

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Mon Sep 4 20:53:11 PDT 2006

> "If this Jandek is entirely fictional, I'm cool with it. "
>
> So...what happens if you accidently hit on something real about
> Jandek in your novel?

Isn't that like answering the old "if a tree falls in the forest and nobody's around does anybody hear it," thing. Chances are I won't know it, Corwood won't reveal it, and everything's cool. :)

Wait, didn't Chusid pose that question referencing Jandek's audience? Never mind.

Really, I don't want to respond too much or seem like I want the book to dominate. It's relevant info and I've said all I can imagine saying about it for now, so my next posts will probably be about the forthcoming shows or a new album (where IS that Austin concert? Maybe after this series of shows?). I'll update things as they matter to the list, such as availability (I'm told it will be out on the 12th) and such. Oh, and thanks to Alan for the stellar directions to Quimby's - you helped me out a lot and look forward to seeing you there!

Otherwise, feel free to email me directly or check out the My Space site. Really hope some can make it to the readings, but more importantly hope to see a lot of you at the shows. The treat for me is two Jandek shows in the same week! What a rare opportunity.

Oh, and the url for the radio show Wednesday is www.kxua.com. Click the "play" button on the top left of the screen and it will give you an m3u stream.

Might also mention that Danny Saul has a stellar version of "I'm Ready" (From "On the Way") on his ep "History." I'll be spinning that on Wednesday for sure, along with lots of other stuff by Jandek, some influences, and a few covers from the tribute albums. Will add that Danny's got a My Space page where you can hear a sample of this cover and some originals. Good stuff - highly recommended to the list.

Danen