[Jandek] Ready For the House LP

Colin Frangos nadirn at pacbell.net
Sun Oct 29 11:44:04 PST 2006

The code inside the runout groove is the code for the plate master. They
are sequencial because they were made in that order (not always the
case). Often the number is a code for when the plates were made, but not
always. In this case (and I doubt this is true), it would mean that
these plates were the 23rd and 24th plates made in January of 76
(month/year/plate # = 1/76/23). Probably not the case here, since I
doubt Jandek would have waited 2 years to release the record.

The pressing plant was probably responsible for laying out the label,
not Corwood, and they probably didn't worry too much about little things
like consistent fonts or spelling. I have some old records from cheap-o
pressing plants that have different song orders on the jacket and the
label. One even has the songs on the record in a different order from
both of those.