[Jandek] Ready For the House LP

Alimarea Vasquez beachdame125 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 29 06:18:00 PST 2006

I was just studying my Ready For the House LP and noticed that the album had
etching in the center ring just like regular high production records for big
name bands.  On side one the etching says LH-17623 and on side two it says
LH-17624.  Another thing that I feel is weird is that on the blue label on
the record the word "Corwood" is in a font that I am not used to, and their
are some  misspellings and punctuation mistakes between the back cover and
what is printed on the album sticker for instance.

ON THE BACK COVER

NAKED IN THE AFTERNOON
FIRST YOU THINK YOUR FORTUNE'S LOVELY
WHAT CAN I SAY WHAT CAN I SING
SHOW ME THE WAY, O LORD
KNOW THY SELF
THEY TOLD ME ABOUT YOU
CAVE IN ON YOU
THEY TOLD ME I WAS A FOOL
EUROPEAN JEWEL (Incomplete)

but ON THE STICKER ON THE LP

NAKED IN THE AFTER NOON
FIRST YOU THINK YOUR FORTUNES LOVELY
WHAT CAN I SAY, WHAT CAN I SING
SHOW ME THE WAY, O LORD
KNOW THYSELF
THEY TOLD ME ABOUT YOU
CAVE IN ON YOU
THEY TOLD ME I WAS A FOOL
EUROPEAN JEWEL (Incomplete)

Does anyone else on here own this album and if they do... I wonder if the
mistakes and the etchings on the inside ring are the same?

One other side note, I scanned the cd cover of The Beginning and brought it
into Paint Shop Pro and altered in with different filters like outline, and
negative, flush, oils, etc... just to have fun... but I ended up discovering
an image in the darkness.  There appear to be imprints on the photograph
like someone was writing something down, and the photograph was underneath
the paper that they were writing on.  There are partial letters, not quite
sure what it says but it is definitely words.  So obviously I started to
check all of the pictures of the covers and discovered that on Put My Dream
on This Planet he is definitely leaning on a railing and not sitting or
squatting because when put through filters you can see the beams of the
railing and you can also see his belt buckle in between the beams.  Another
big one was my excitedness when I realized that when the pic is magnified
and filtered that the black ominous shape on the right of the cover of "Six
and Six" is another person who is just standing next to him, they are
wearing a similar "leather" jacket to the one that Jandek appears to be
wearing, and their hair is long.  But that portion of the image is so smooth
and blurry that it is hard to define in the natural state of the cover.  I
am going to go off and look at more covers and do some dreaming and wishful
thinking and overanalyzation... I know that none of this means anything but
it is still fun.  WISH ME LUCK :)!!!!!!!!!!