[Jandek] Jandek fans music taste

Yuval Legendtofski legendtofski at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 05:34:59 PDT 2006

Just going along with my 'availability of everything' in regards  to
culture, reading today's avaerage Jandek fan's taste, it just goes to show
how watered down and 'accepted' this 'outsider' music really is. 10-15 years
ago, you would shoot beer out of yr nose in laughter if a Jandek fan put
down Sigur Ros, Juliana Hatfield and Bloq Party as music they listened to.
Before Kurt and Co co-opted the whole Jandek persona, Jandek fans were
generally extreme obscurist art-music fans, that would listen to the most
way-out 'never to be co-opted' pure art-expression music known. Try the
Godz, Velvet Underground Bootlegs,  obscure Yoko Ono solo albums and prolly
ragtime 78's..Just shows you how 'commercial' Janky is these days. Oh well,
I guess he deserves it after 25+ years. Heck, who WOULDN'T want some cash
off REM, Nirvana and Radiohead fans?