[Jandek] JANDEK HAS HIM NO AIDS

Ratan X ratanx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 13:13:18 PST 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 7:16 PM, Mister Born (to you) wrote:

> There is no reason to think that Jandek has AIDS, that he has cancer,
> or that he painted his teeth.  Jesus.  Until anyone has personal
> knowledge of anything, let's let literary devices be literary devices
> so that conjecture about a person who is an *actual person* can be
> responsible instead of hyperbolic.

This is a really good point. Music seems to be the only art where
some people believe that the author of the song is speaking from deep
personal experience. Nobody ever assumes Stephen King (for example)
is a werewolf or Charles Schulz owned a baseball playing beagle.

Cheers,
Ratan

"We went to a new musical that just opened, called
Oh Africa, Brave Africa. It was a laugh riot."  - Patrick Bateman