[Jandek] What else is out there?

BlackMonk BlackMonk at email.msn.com
Fri May 26 13:59:19 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlin, Steven J" <Steven.Carlin at mottmac.com>
To: <jandek at mylist.net>
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 5:46 AM
Subject: RE: [Jandek] What else is out there?

<"For my own part, I still consider my Jandek recordings to be the most
bizarre music in my collection"

Your tastes must be somewhat limited.

REMOVING the surrounding mystique; one man and a guitar and some other
instrumentation is as close to middle of the road as you can get.>

Old saying: It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it.

 Any configuration of instruments can sound very conventional or very
unconventional. Guitar, piano, and drums sounds pretty close to the middle
of that road, yet I don't hear too much AMM on the radio.