[Jandek] the a capella albums

Jeremy Frey falcon_156 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 08:51:24 PST 2006

I listened to a good bulk of Jandek's a capella material this weekend while driving, and I was surprised at how interesting it was.  I was expecting the worst, but I found most of it much easier to swallow than something like "Blues Turned Black," which is, in my opinion, excruciating to listen to.  Even the lengthier spoken pieces held my attention.  I guess I'm just one of those oddballs...