[Jandek] A music plug

The Enchanter Tim doesabearwoof at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 24 03:58:01 PST 2006

Was listening to an album by a Finnish woman named Islaja.  Similar
home-recording, detuned guitars and rather peculiar vocalizing (sort of a
mixture of Yoko, Bjork, PJ Harvey and Jean Smith from Mecca Normal).  It's
called MERITIE, and is on Fonal Records.  She has another album - haven't
heard it - I'm guessing from what I've read that it has contributions from
other musicians, and the capsule summation at the website suggests it might
be more conventional.

"...men may become hairy as bears, if such is their fancy, without fear of
excommunication or deprivation of their political rights." Charles Mackay