[Jandek] Re: DVD

Ross Em indiejanglefunkterrorist at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 17 01:59:07 PDT 2006

Yes, everyone said I was talking shit when I notified you of its coming arrival this time last year, but it's just landed on my doorstep.  I refer of course to the Jandek DVD...

  The DVD is fantastic and yes, Corwood blue is the order of the day.  It even has 3 camera options which is approximately 2 more camera options more than I ever expected.  In fact, its probably 3 more.

  This performance as we all know is DEAD WILD and I urge everyone with two ears to buy it.  If you've never seen this line up doing their bit before I urge you to get it, because Alex, Jandek and Richard throw in a sterling (no pun intended) performance./

  We have the release of the CCA show to look forward to next (hopefully) and I am ganting with anticipation.  The last gig Jandek done in Glasgow at Mono was also blindin - very very low key, but I dont think I saw anyone filming it.

  In a related but similar vein, me and my girlfriend once met Alex in Morrisons at Partick, which was quite cool.

  Looking forward to hearing the Manhattan, Hasselt and London shows, if anyone has any bootlegs of these I'd be interested to get a listen.

  Blah blah blah.

  Anyway, the DVD is top notch, Mr J, take a pound out the till.
  Cheers

  Ross M

                                        "VERMIN" by Stephen Ritchie
  Available early 2006 from www.singlecellpress.co.uk
  SINGLE CELL PRESS -  rhyming for rent 2006