[Jandek] Glasgow Monday + non-answer to a question

Frank Hardy soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 08:14:31 PDT 2006

It's actually quite likely that they're from a town in the east since Jandek grew up in Providence, Rhode Island.

"Danen D. Jobe" <djobe at uark.edu> wrote:

> Glasgow Monday arrived today in the mail. I've only listened to it
>
> once, but what an amazing set of music!

Take a country drive at night and listen to it. Drove around some forested hills last night (by the Illinois river in Oklahoma, for anyone that might know it - not far from Tulsa) with this on and it was PERFECT.

> When I sent my check and order, I asked "In what city were the
> covers
> for 12th Apostle, Graven Image and Glad to Get Away taken?" His
> reply back was "Sorry, no answer. Thanks!" At first I thought the
> man
> didn't want to answer. And that is still the most logical way to
> read
> it, of course. But at the same time, it almost makes me want to
> theorize that maybe somebody else took the pics and he genuinely
> didn't know?

I can tell you that all pictures are copyrighted to Corwood Industries, so chances are good that either he took them or someone (in his family perhaps) else did. The thing I love about these pictures is how indistinct they are - so perfect for the music. In my head I once placed them in some seaside town in the East cause I've been through a few that had that look - but that's a fallacy. They could be from anywhere. Good try, though!