[Jandek] What to expect from Jandek in 2006?

Yuval Legendtofski legendtofski at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 03:35:42 PST 2006

SO fellow Jandekians: what can we expect from the mysterious one for 2006?

Personally I reckon it's the year of the live albums and DVD - kinda obvious
really, but to be honest, I'm kinda excited about a decent recordings of
'the cell' gig and the Brooklyn gig. Also Jandek informed me a DVD is in the
works. It will be interesting to see how it's mixed and presented - sure
it'll be utterly lo-fi - but a 5.1 'ambient' mix would blow chunks.

Musically I'm not expecting much beyond the abrasive scratch-guitar
Bukowski-whine theme of the past few years, though a few keyboard based
albums would be interesting, or even one based on primitive woodwind or
percussion instruments.