[Jandek] Ready for the Cash

Frank Hardy soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 10:11:13 PST 2006

Does anyone else think it's ridiculous that the LP version of Ready for the House sells for $150-$200 every time it goes up on ebay? I mean, sure, it's Jandek's first album, blah blah blah, but in terms of production runs it should actually be his least rare LP, since it had a pressing of 1000 and all the others had pressings of 300. So why aren't albums like Living in a Moon So Blue and Your Turn to Fall, ones I hardly ever see on ebay, raking in the most dough? Then again, considering Irwin Chusid's stories about giving away RFTH LPs to his friends and them using the things for seat cusions, who knows how many of those 1000 were destroyed?