[Jandek] Khartoum All Music Guide Review

Frank Hardy soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 22:50:50 PST 2006

...Jandek was by [the early to mid 00's] leaving the impression of a man in a state of suspended animation, always seeming on the brink of suicidal despair but never pulling the trigger. Like the boy who called wolf, the incessant repetition has made it harder and harder to sympathize or take seriously what at first seemed to be a cry for help. "But everyone knows I'm unstable, since you went away," he moans in the title track, followed by a high-pitch sound between wailing and crying. Sir, when have you ever not been unstable, in front of a microphone at least? -Richie Unterberger

  Goes back to some of the things I've been saying about the boring nature of Jandek's poetry as of late.

  Thoughts?