[Jandek] That Jandek Survey

mitch king lordinfernus_2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 11:21:14 PDT 2006

I'm sending this out to the list too, and encourage
others to send theirs, I think they'll make an
interesting read.

Are you male or female?
Male

How old are you?
33

What part of the world do you come from?
Panama City, Fl

How did you get into Jandek? What is your ‘story’?
Nov 96, I worked at a record store and we were
experimenting with music that would drive people out
of the store. A fellow employee threw on Living in A
Moon So Blue, I was appalled and intigued at the same
time.

How do you define being a Jandek fan? Do you consider
yourself a Jandek fan?
Outsider music fans.Definitely

Why did you join the mailing list? How often do you
post? Do you use the digest format? To communicate
with fellow Jandekians. Not very often.NO

What do your friends and family think about Jandek?
What do they think about you listening to Jandek?
Most dislike it, my partner doesnt hate it...but
doesnt love it either. I've always loved extreme music
so it wasnt a shock!

To what extent does the ‘myth of Jandek’ – the mystery
surrounding his identity – appeal to you?
When I was a "newbie", of course, it appealed to me a
lot. Now I hardly think of it at all, just focus on
the music.

Have you ever tried to contact Corwood Industries or
Sterling Smith for reasons other than placing an
order? What happened?
Yes, I wrote him years back, asking if he knew where I
could score some the vinyl albums...he didn't.

What is your perception of other Jandek fans?
Don't know any in person, but my impresson from the
list is that they are intelligent, literate, people.

Why do you like Jandek?
Beacuse I do!

How often do you listen to Jandek?
I load at least one Jandek album a week on my IPOD.

What other music do you listen to?
>From Black Metal to Bluegrass!!

Is there anything I have not asked that you would like
to tell me? I think there will be no more than 5 more
studio albums from the man!

Mitch in Fl