[Jandek] Military history

Jungle jungleklan at pandora.be
Fri Apr 7 03:18:02 PDT 2006

the first recordings are certainly not made in the sixties
i would say a least late 70's.
the sound of common 60's tape decks is very different
they were mostly mono and jandek's first recordings are stereo
there is also a difference in tape compostion.
due to ecological pressure tape manufacturers changed the tape composition
heavy metals were not used anymore in the 70's .
60's tapes had another sound than 70's (the reason why lenny kravitz bought
stocks 70's tapes)
80's tapes had even less heavy metals in their composition and are already
returning to dust while older tapes are still in good condition.

ps  i was a  pro studio engineer from 59-tio-88

klara