[Jandek] Military history

Matthew Gordon mlgordon75 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 22:03:16 PDT 2006

This may not be the case, but it occurred to me that someone of Jandek's super-sensitive nature might hang on to certain projects way past their originial conception date, as well as veto certain ones until later or never.  We now see a photo of a very young S. Smith emerge after a fair amount of "modern" visual depictions.  Perhaps he has 50+ albums he didn't see up to snuff to release at all, still waiting like Zappa's rumored myriad rolls of archived tape in sacred vaults, waiting to be exposed to cold digital media.  That being said, the idea that he released everything as it was created is equally plausible.  I offer just a possible alternative theory to offset the Occam's.