[Jandek] Discography tweaks?

Jonathan Lee jplee at cox.net
Tue Apr 4 20:30:37 PDT 2006

I can't say for sure, but I'm going to guess that the extra time is just
silence.  I've noticed (and surely am not the only one) that the more
recent CDs have a 5 second silence in the track before the song starts,
a five second silence at the end of the track, and a five second
countdown to the next track.  These silences vary on the older releases
and maybe if I'm really bored sometime I'll make a list of them all and
send them to Seth in an Excel file ;-)  However, if Corwood doing
reissues to make them all more uniform in this way, then there's
probably no point.  I think at this point he likes the idea of extended
silences between songs, and it does have an effect on the listener
(again, imo).  I could be wrong, but I've been meaning to mention this
for a bit so now's as good a time as any.

Jonathan