[Jandek] Military History?

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Tue Apr 4 07:04:29 PDT 2006

> the military history could also explain the time gap between Ready
> for
> the House and Six and Six.

Not a bad theory, EXCEPT that at least two people had contact with him (I'm trying to remember when exactly the review came out on OP)and he would've been a bit old. If he has any (and I honestly don't know what to think - very possible)it would've been during the Vietnam conflict. A draftee? Conscientious objector?  Joined up right out of high school? Didn't give it much thought? Interesting to speculate.