[Jandek] Ready for the House LP

crash crash at waste.org
Mon Sep 12 16:05:33 PDT 2005

I second the vote for thrift stores for vinyl or even CDs.  You can
surprisingly find some great stuff.

One of the best catches I ever had was the american progressive band,
Yezda Urfa which was
misfile in the Iranian music section at a used CD store locally and at
$2 at that.

Near it in the "New Age" section was fusion powerhouse Soma (not the new
age group), a CD
normally only available as a $35 import but was on sale in the used bin
for $3.00!

I  have only found a few Jandek recordings in this type of bin.  Which I
think is funny.  Most
people who AREN'T into Jandek expect his stuff to be packing used bins
worldwide due to the
"difficult music" aspect but you'll rarely find these recordings there.

-T