[Jandek] Ready for the House LP

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Sat Sep 10 13:04:24 PDT 2005

I've often thought that there might be a trove of "Ready for the House" lps in Salvation Armies across America, but sadly I think the majority of them were probably trashed.  This is not unusual in music history. Even though more copies were printed of the first album few knew it would be anything more than a VERY odd novelty item and I imagine many were junked unheard by uncaring radio stations and record stores.  By the time of "later on" people were more likely to have kept the records and when you hit the band stuff his crowd got greater and greater. Even still, I think the vast majority of Corwood vinyl was most likely sent to dumpsters.

I also wonder if many might have been lost in the legendary "flood" of the 90's?  Maybe not - seems like most of the lps were OOP by then anyway.  Does anybody remember if they went out of print roughly by release date or all at once?  Curious.

I know this - I can't find a damn one ANYWHERE right now and I'd like a little more vinyl than I've got (I have four of them). That said, $500 is a bit over my price range...

Danen