[Jandek] Early-Jandek and PiL's Flowers of Romance

Jason Cooley jasonx12 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 18:16:02 PDT 2005

Emotional?

No.  But I've always thought that some songs from 'You
Walk Alone' (Shelbyville, Lavender) were reminicent of
"Poptones" and other tracks from 'Metal Box'.

Anyone ever see the movie "Defending Your Life"?  It's
about Albert Brooks in purgatory.  His
genius/enlightened lawyer eats food that is disgusting
to Brooks, but tastes wonderful to the lawyer, because
his mind is so much more advanced.

I feel the same way about the first few PIL albums.