[Jandek] More Jandek Mix Talk!

Kip Shepherd kipshepherd at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 14:26:30 PDT 2005

> > not that  I am against making mixes or compilations, it works for all
>the other artists in the world
> > but please leave jandeks work like he intended it. it took so long to
>shape it please leave it the > > way it is the whole of it is a genuine
>work of  folk art the time it took, the lay out, the words > the sounds
>leave them.  every Jandek record is a compilkation i think, this person
> > can make a record every day, every hour so what we hear is already some
>kind of compilation.
> > take everything or take nothing.
> >
> > kloot
>
>I will do exactly as I please.
>
>  Dave

Me too.  If I put a single Jandek song on a mix tape does that lessen the
value of the song or inprove the quality of the tape?  Is it wrong to play a
Jandek song on the radio or should the whole album be played straight
through?

"This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright #154085, for a
period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it without our permission,
will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we don't give a dern. Publish it.
Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, that's all we wanted
to do." - Woody Guthrie

Unauthorized duplication prohibited (unless you use good tape) - The Morells
(I think)

Kip
********
Oh Papa Tooney. We've got a Looney.