[Jandek] It's here!

Phil Harwell phil at philharwell.com
Tue Mar 22 17:04:55 PST 2005

Ahh, finally got the box o' 40 I ordered (well, 39 actually because "Six
and Six" is on reorder).  A handwritten note assures me that CD will be
mailed next week.

So I've now begun the arduous task of listening to this mass of plastic
discs, of which I'd only heard a fraction before.  And I'm really
enjoying it thus far.

Anyways, I still got 39 CD's, because "When I Took That Train" is in
there.  I haven't listened to it yet, though (I'm going in order), but
I'll comment on the cover though.

It is a very interesting picture indeed.  Mainly because, although it's
another pic of Jandek, it's a picture of him out in *public.*  He's
standing at a busy intersection in what looks to be a downtown area of
some major city.  It's a distance shot, so it's hard to comment on what
he looks like, except that he's wearing the black hat again, and he is
clean shaven.  (At least I think so, it is kinda hard to tell....)

It looks like it might've been taken along with the photos from "Threw
You Away", "The Place", and so on.  It definitely looks like a European
location, judging from the license plates and such.  I think I spy a
"London Underground" sign, but it's too far in the distance to say for sure.

Maybe Jandek is entering his "Public Phase?"