[Jandek] Re:Six and six/staring at the cellophane

Ross Em indiejanglefunkterrorist at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 01:50:25 PST 2005

I always thought the "3x4 is 27" line was to do with the line before, "inside myself there is no question, just the jangle of our brain"...  i.e.  i'm my own law, the worlds rules dont apply.  it makes sense to me.  jangle of "our" brain also suggests he's talking about someone with schizophrenia...
I dunno...  Some very good points about the records tho.
The way he sings on Moon so Blue is what appeals me to it so much.
Just discovered the LP Lost Cause...
An absolute topper.
One for fans of "Blue Corpse" LP and "Follow Yr Footsteps" LP
Hanx
Ross

"Seated by the ranch I?m owning, staring at the cellophane.  Somebody came in for a question, I poured a glass out in the rain.  The reason I have been accepted, is that I failed to come on strong;  found a chair beside a window, found a place where I belong.  Inside myself there is no question, just the jangle of our brain. Three times four is twenty-seven, only fragments still remain." - jandek, 'first you think your fortune's lovely' ("Ready for the House" LP 1978)

the rocks crumble, unto dust they die.  once hard stuff of mountains, now soft powder amongst the sand.