[Jandek] Re: Six and Six/Staring at the Cellophane

Dave Parent dave9199 at lycos.com
Mon Mar 7 05:06:16 PST 2005

I find this interesting as I know of another Jandek fan who hates Living In A Moon So Blue, but really likes Staring At The
Cellophane. I also felt they were very similar. The only difference I heard was his singing on Moon on some songs is really wild
like on Professional and because of that, I like Moon better than Cellophane, but feel they are both just o.k. albums. I can't see a
big difference between these two and find it interesting that others do. But I can hear the differences between Ready For The
House and Six & Six. House, to me, has more fully realized songs whereas Six & Six, is more looser, and definetly more down,
than House. Six & Six and Cellophane, for me, don't really have songs that grab my attention as much as House & Moon.
Everyone seems to love Point Judith, but it doesn't grab me although the guitar in Wild Strawberries I love.