[Jandek] Pitchfork - what's the deal?

SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca
Fri Jun 17 06:51:29 PDT 2005

"I read Pitchfork a lot just because I don't really know of any decent
music sites, but they disgust me more every day. Do you know of any
music sites that actually deserve people's readership?"

What's the big beef so many have with Pitchfork, anyway?  I'm one of those
nerds who checks PF every morning after going through the e-mail, and still
find decent reviews that prompt me to lay down some $ from time to
time...sure they grate sometimes and try to be a bit too hip/amusing, but
every music review site I've ever seen falls foul of these traps sometimes.