[Jandek] Henry Darger (OT)

Mark Greenberg mark at mayfairrecordings.com
Tue Jul 26 01:42:01 PDT 2005

The Darger movie played in Chicago a few months ago. I believe it was in
general (yet small) release already. This site has some info.
http://www.realmsoftheunreal.com/

Good movie on great subject matter. There are some similarities of Darger
and Jandek (outsiders, seemingly high work ethic, large output, very deeply
personal expression...almost too personal for outsiders to view) but also
many differences (i.e. Darger had NO contact with his audience...in fact
there was no audience for his work until after his death).

-Mark