[Jandek] Jandek/Richard Thompson connection?

Robertson Davis soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 08:46:02 PDT 2005

Glad to Get Away is a great album. I thought for about two seconds that it was a concept record that tells the fragmented story of a murderer (fist line: "it's a cold and bitter tale 'bout a man who spent his time in jail"). The whole theory falls apart by the second half, but there're a lot of lyrics that make it seem like it should work: "hey mister can you tell me, is there a knife stuck in your face", "i've got life and death stains on my pants", "crushing victims, oh so sly", etc.