[Jandek] Spin

Christopher tm xopher.tm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 07:24:46 PST 2005

Spin, as I remember it, for the first year was a vital music read
(unlike, say, Rolling Stone which by that point was largely dedicated
to clothing and fashion for some reason). While the cover feature
might be David Lee Roth or Madonna, the lion's share of the mag was
devoted to bands as the Minutemen, the Cramps, Jandek, and so forth;
bands your average suburban kid in the mid-80's might not have
otherwise discovered.

--
Christopher™

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - HST