[Jandek] Jandek Covers

The Enchanter Tim doesabearwoof at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 05:53:23 PST 2005

One thing that has always puzzled me, though, as someone who has no idea how
an 'adult' is supposed to dress (when I once asked someone who was trying to
give me fashion advice why the books on colours/seasons/etc. had no pictures
of people in jeans and t-shirts, that individual replied that adults didn't
dress that way...), is that, if Jandek really is (the forbidden name) and
the age attributed to (forbidden name) is accurate, the clothing he seems to
be wearing in some pictures seems to be clothes a person over a certain age
would likely not be wearing (the big furry sideburns and cheesy shirts seem
a little odd in someone who would be 30ish around the time the pictures were
taken - but maybe that's just me, a product of an upbringing which basically
demanded that 5 year olds be serious...I wasn't very good at it, by the
way...).

Tim

P.S. In re 'Men's Recovery Project', there's a best of out.  I should add
that it's listening difficult enough to make God Is My Co-Pilot sound like
Hillary Duff (yes, I know she's difficult listening in her way as well...)

"...men may become hairy as bears, if such is their fancy, without fear of
excommunication or deprivation of their political rights." Charles Mackay