[Jandek] Merzbow live

SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca
Tue Aug 30 12:02:50 PDT 2005

>Merzbow completely sucked the last time I saw him, he loaded all his
>stuff onto his laptop and in the process bowlderized the visceral impact
>of his material.  I wouldn't worry about missing him too much.

Largely agreed - while the time I saw him a few years ago featured some
stage dynamics owing to his abusing a device that looked like a foot
measuring device festooned with contact mics and processors, he largely
just sat there and futzed around on his Powerbook.  Yee-hah.  Unless the
powerful need to see Masami in the flesh is just too overpowering, you'd be
better advised to just blast his CDs at home while watching B&D porn.