[Jandek] More Theories

Collins, Brendan G BCOLLINS at sjmc.org
Wed Aug 10 06:07:40 PDT 2005

"More thoughts," as in I'd like to introduce a radical idea -- Blue
Corpse isn't an album put together from a single session with two
different vocalists: the deeper voice of the first few tracks, with the
more commonly-associated "Jandek" voice which takes over the latter
part.

Those first tracks were sung by Jandek, I assure you.  And they were
recorded (a few years) later than the tracks which followed.  Those
ensuing tracks were recorded sometime before many featured on Modern
Dances, too.

Jandek albums are put together cohesively.  The earlier ones were linked
by a common story, theme, or style of imagery (not necessarily
symbolism, mind you). The latter (and on this point I couldn't promise
you) seem to have merely the playing style as a common link, although I
suspect that the artist has his own theme in mind that is not
immediately obvious to the listener.  Corwood actually does have a
vision.