[Jandek] sold out?

chthonic chthonic at chthonicstreams.com
Mon Apr 11 08:10:19 PDT 2005

From: alextl at fsmail.net
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:52:12 +0200 (CEST)

>my god, you underground music lover hardliners are a bit harsh aint you?
>now, if he let mtv cribs into his home id worried...
>but playng live and getting barcodes on your albums?

i guess to a lot of people, jandek has been the ultimate outsider artist recluse.  no
information, no interviews, mysterious photos, no live shows.  those two things can be seen
as a compromise of the "purity" of the jandek concept.  although i kind of agree with the
person in the corwood film who said that technically the only "pure" jandek album i sthe first
one, since it was made entirely in a vacuum.

going to order 'six and six' this week, since that one has *literally* been "sold out" for awhile.
i trust the barcode won't harm my appreciation of the music any more than it has on my
1000 other barcoded CDs.

d.