[Jandek] Blue Corpse edits

twcd1 at aol.com twcd1 at aol.com
Fri Apr 8 09:40:09 PDT 2005

I agree with you that it's strange that Corwood would go back and change things after all this time. It's very interesting to me.

I noticed a change in the lyrics on the track "Georgia East" on Nine-Thirty and actually wrote Corwood and asked why the lyrics were changed. It might be old news to some of you, but I just noticed it. The original lyrics say:

"Big wheels turning
Talk about negroes
Talk about the fruit"

But on the cd re-release the line "Talk about negroes" has been removed.

In my letter, I told Corwood that changing that line made a big impression on me and I asked him why they felt the need to change it. "Social responsibility" was Corwood's short reply.