[Jandek] Disappointment?

Todd Madson crash at waste.org
Mon Oct 18 11:19:24 PDT 2004

RE: Jandek live with established figures:
I think the main reason he played with these two known players
was because the people on the recordings seem to me to be normal
civilian types who he may play with on and off on occasion
who may or may not be active players.  I think what he was
looking for was the innocence and simplicity of people who
are either beginners or neophytes on the records.  Live he
likely couldn't perform with those people and since playing
solo is a lot like walking a tightrope having more experienced
and supportive players can make it easier especially if they
have a good interplay.