[Jandek] Can anyone confirm the validity of this post?

Hamish Noonan cantordust at paradise.net.nz
Sun Oct 17 17:17:13 PDT 2004

From: Deserted Village <desertedvillagemusic at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [routesforwarandtravel] JANDEK PLAYED LIVE AT INSTAL  GLASGOW
TODAY!!!

This is not a hoax! FUCKIN' JANDEK.!

I turned up early to catch kan mikami when  Richard youngs came on and
played bass and the Drummer ffrom scatter played uh, drums. Then this thin
guy dressed in black with a hat ambles onstage. he played a surprisingly
expensive looking fender semi acoustic with no soundhole. once he started
playing I thought "who is this prick ripping off jandek" there was no
mistaking the vocals and guitar playing but i couldn't take it in that it
was really him. I was sitting beside some reviewer guy from the wire who
confirmed it. he also said that he only agreed to do it if it wasn't
announced The band really rocked they had a loose groove going most of the
time. Jandek sang "lets get wild" on one song and they crowd at the front
were digging it. I'm quite sure 90% of people hadn't a clue. The Janster
smiled after two songs so i cheered louder hoping he'd get a taste of
adulation. then i was afraid he'd freak out. i can honestly say he was
enjoying himself and was totally at home on stage. He also sang about doing
his washing in a deadpan way. and about a five year old girl who broke his
heart. There was no in between song banter surprise, surprise.
It was simply a great gig even if it took a couple of songs to get into it.
I'm sorry i can't describe it more but i'm honestly still in shock and my
brain is addled by beer and all the other amazing music i heard today

I know some of you won't beleive this until the wire or something comes out
but i just had to tell people.

Good night,

Gavin