[Jandek] damn you guys are harsh

John Eastridge johneastridge at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 28 18:51:06 PST 2004

i totally disagree with the comments below on MMM and music of the like.
tony conrad's 'four violins' is even sparser than MMM and is an AMAZING
musical experience. the MMM discussion is older than the hills and this
being a jandek list we should not go into it. basically it is my view that
the artist's intention does not matter, the only thing that matters is what
is there and that goes for everything. does jandek's intention really
matter? i say not really. fact is, there is some astounding music on those
corwood releases, whether it is "serious" or not. i would say (though not in
the same league as jandek) MMM is quite an experience regardless of what lou
reed says.

john