[Jandek] Clarification about Jandek on Corwood DVD

Jandek on Corwood mail at jandekoncorwood.com
Sun Nov 7 23:32:50 PST 2004

Hey all,

We were as suprised as you were to hear that our film was being sold in these stores.

I'd like to apologise for the misunderstanding.

We shipped the product to wholesalers early to give them time to get it out to stores.  These wholesalers were given the stipulation that the DVD not be resold before November 24th.

Either the wholesaler or the store didn't follow this instruction, and we're trying to find out if it was because of negligence, misunderstanding, or a deliberate action.

At any rate... we didn't want this to happen, and we're working to stop it from happening.  Not really much we can do, though.  All parties have been contacted and asked to pull from the shelves and wait for the release date.

I can see how this might upset people who have preordered.  I'm sorry.  We're upset as well.

Warmest regards,
Paul

Yeah, this is puzzling.  Not to be too hard on the filmmakers - it's not
like they're Amazon.com or something - but to have it show up in stores and
on mail-order sites WEEKS before they send it to those of us interested
enough to pre-order it (and help them make more money by eliminating the
middle man etc.) really kinda sux...

Plus it's cheaper at forcedexposure.com and othermusic.com...jeez...