[Jandek] Re: jandek Digest, Vol 52, Issue 37

Joe Faust boddekker at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 3 14:57:00 PDT 2004

Just heard from a college buddy in Austin - "Jandek on
Corwood" is showing at the Alamo Theater (original
downtown) on July 7th at 9:45 pm.

The Alamo is an ultra-cool venue that serves burgers
'n fries before the show.  They have an annual event
called the Numb-Butt-A-Thon that features marathons of
thematically chosen movies - but often you don't know
what the content is until you get there.  Attendees
have seen things like the "The Passion of the Christ"
and "LOTR: Return of the King" with surprise
post-screening appearances and Q & A's with the
directors.

Anyway, my buddy is "thinking about going" since he's
heard me talk so highly of the man.  And I'm insanely
jealous.

(This is two in a row - I had to miss Stan Ridgway's
appearance in Cleveland on Monday).

Anyway, passing the news on so one of you lucky folks
might get to see it on the big screen.

http://www.drafthouse.com/downtown/frames.asp

=====
Joe Clifford Faust