[Jandek] New Jandek - lyrics

Bradleybee bradleybee at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 01:38:26 PDT 2004

--- Na Na <ketaminesun at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Great to hear the news about the new CD...can't wait
> to hear it.  I hate to say it but when I saw the
> title, "The End Of It All," I was a bit worried.

No need to be worried.  It's just part of the lyrics of the 2nd
song :)

My best guess about the instrument played is.....it's a
hollow-body electric guitar with round wound strings.   Parts
sound like they could be played with a slide, but mabye not.
There is a little phaser on the guitar, but the vocals are very
dry.

Jandek - The end of it all

1. One of those Moments

You took me by the hand
You led me to a private place
I didn't know what time it was I came into

I didn't have to start

It just happened to be one step I took, it was one step I took,
the only one step I took, one step I took, I didn't know what I
did

It was oh something for me
I couldn't tell the other part
Mabye I'll find out later
I do believe I will,  I do believe I will, I do believe I will,
I do believe I will
Because who wants to stop?  Not me.

I expect I'll see you again
Anyway I'll never forget the time that you were there
You added a new dimension
Like I said, I didn't expect that thing to happen
When I said that, you knew it happened

The best part is, I don't need any special thing
But if you're there, you'll find about it
I suppose I'm talking to the right person
I know everybody comes and goes
Does it have to be that way?
Let's take a look at it

I'd like to be in your presence
Can I see you?
Let's set aside the time
I'll fall into another one of those moments
Will you, will you fall into that same moment?
I'm ready for all the different outcomes

At least I hope I'm ready
But you didn't make me nervous before
You told everybody you liked me
You made me say I liked you
Alright so you had to pull me out of me, I was so deeply buried
I needed your air
And now I feel so alive
I don't see anything different
It must be you, I accept that
We'll see where it leads to

If you want to touch me I wouldn't mind
It doesn't happen too often, this kind of thing

2. I had'nt been there before

I hardly saw you right away
But I heard about you, all good things
It's important we go in the right direction
And I took all those soft words
Changed all the direction of things
I said that I liked you, and that was the end of it all

And the beginning of everything else
I hadn't been there before no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no I
hadn't been there before no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no I
hadn't been there before
I lost my rational brain
I just thought everything was alright
I dropped all my guard
I was so happy, I still am

Whatever it is that you are
If what she said was right, that's a good place to start

3. They don't matter at all

I still don't know exactly what it was you thought
I don't know exactly where it was you thought
That's a good place to be for me
Where you are, you're gonna' have to tell me more about it,
you're gonna' have to tell me more about it, you will have to
tell me more about it, you will have to tell me more about it,
more about it, more about it, about it, it
I expect that you will
We'll just have to see, won't we?
Of course I've spoken for the both of us
I know you see things a different way than I do
There are a lot of levels but I'm trying to get to the real core
of things
See if that soul you got wants to be with mine
Then all the other differences don't matter at all, they just
don't matter at all, they don't, they don't, they don't matter
at all

4. I met you

I got at least one more thing to say
I'll make you the first choice
And then we'll see what happens
I'm gonna give it all that it needs, I'm gonna give it all that
it needs, I'm gonna give it all that it needs
It doesn't need water
It doesn't need any excess
I don't know if there's just the right amount but I hope I can
figure it out and give you just the right amount so that you
lose yourself
And become a part of my reality
I got a world, I found you on the periphery
Somehow I pulled you in
Now that you're here, tell me
Is it the best place you ever know?
Because I'm at the best place I ever knew
And it's just after I met you

=====
http://www.geocities.com/bradleybee

Free mp3s: