[Jandek] Jandek wikipedia project

Ross Morris rossmorris1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 16 07:05:11 PDT 2011

Hi guys

Just a quick email to ask if people would be interested in making a group effort to update the entries for the most recent Jandek albums on Wikipedia?  I say this as someone who has never updated wiki before(!), but I think for people coming to Jandek just now it might be difficult to find information on these albums, or indeed on what is available.

If this is something you'd be interested in doing, we could take an album each, upload the covers (if we have access to a scanner), upload the key information (for live albums, we could include information about the venues and musicians involved) and then let the group know we've done this.  If anyone knows any miscellaneous information about a CD or DVD, this could be posted to the group or edited directly on Wiki.  Once these albums are updated we could have a look back at the older albums and maybe improve the information kept on these entries (for example, "Glad to get away" has reviews and details about the music as well as the album cover, while other albums feature much less information)

What do you think?

Thanks

Ross