[Jandek] Corwood's 1000 Minimum Order

Jason Henn jason.henn at gmail.com
Thu May 12 21:58:12 PDT 2011

I just searched the archive and couldn't find any mention of this, so my
apologies if this has already been covered. I just picked up an old radio
station copy of Twelfth Apostle, and it still had the circa '93 Corwood
discography inside, the oldest I've seen. I don't remember hearing about
this crazy wholesale offer for the titles from Ready for the House through
Blue Corpse--1000 copy minimum order, $2500. Does anyone on the list know
someone who actually did that? Who would have possibly had the foresight to
hoard that many copies of the early Jandek albums? Has anyone ever asked
Corwood if they filled one of these orders? I assume that means that Corwood
was out of individual copies at the time, but if you really, really wanted a
copy of 739 through 753, you could pay to have an entire run re-pressed.
Which prompts the question, if you ordered 1000 copies of Ready for the
House in 1993, would that have forced Corwood to create an alternate back
cover crediting the album to Jandek? Of all the time machine moments I've
had as a record collector, this is probably the most intense retro-desire I
have ever felt.