[Jandek] Where Do You Go From Here Lyrics

Greg Farough gregf at riseup.net
Fri Jul 1 14:34:08 PDT 2011

It's just as magnificent as everyone is saying. I suggest everyone send that letter off to Corwood immediately.

Also, as far as instrumentation goes, I'm fairly sure the Rep plays piano on parts 2, 5, and 10. In the other parts with a piano, especially 9, it seems (to me) to be someone else. One set of tracks strikes the familiar Hasselt Saturday chords several times, while the other set seems a little heavier and romantic.

---

Part 4

Make up your mind.
Decide
Make up your mind.

Part 5

Make up your mind.
You make up your mind.
Make up your mind.
You make up your mind.
You decide
Or not decide
Or not make up your mind.
You decide.
You decide.

Part 9

Where do you go from here?
Make up your mind.
Decide
Where do you go from here?

Part 10

Where do you go?
Which place do you go?
When do you decide? [It may be "what do you decide?"]
Where do you go?
Which place do you go?
When will your mind decide?
Where do you go?