[Jandek] Record recommendations for the road?

Michael.Goldman at CH2M.com Michael.Goldman at CH2M.com
Sun Jan 30 10:06:38 PST 2011

Definitely "Nine Thirty"  Most of the lyrics refer to travel and motion and two of the songs refer to the region you're headed to.

Georgia East (2/1)
I shouldn’t feel so sad
It was all I had
I should be glad
Coming into Atlanta
Big wheels turning
Talk about negroes
Talk about the fruit
Georgia peaches
Scuttlin’s
Pecans shaking from the trees
You people sure are strange to a city boy from up north

May 3 (2/2)
If you want a friend in South Carolina look up Charleston (?)
Wish I never have to leave Charleston
May 3rd
We go back very much the same as how we came
Goodbye palm trees
Brown water seas
Savannah
Goodbye pretty town